Terry M. Kollmorgen has been practicing law for more than twenty-five years, most of which have been as a Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent rated attorney. Mr. Kollmorgen joined Moyers Martin, LLP upon his graduation from law school in 1989 and became a partner of the firm in 1994. Mr. Kollmorgen also serves as General Counsel for Oral Roberts University.
Mr. Kollmorgen’s practice encompasses a wide array of civil matters, with particular emphasis on labor and employment, education, commercial transactions as well as corporate and general business matters. Throughout his career, Mr. Kollmorgen has successfully represented and defended corporations, employers and individuals in litigation and administrative proceedings in multiple jurisdictions throughout the United States. Mr. Kollmorgen’s clients span the spectrum of economic activities and business endeavors including banks and financial institutions; educational institutions; insurance companies; retail industry; pharmaceutical and health-care; manufacturing and distributing; oil, gas, nuclear, and power generating companies; radio, television, media publication and telecommunications; food/beverage companies and restaurants; municipal entities; public trusts; charitable organizations; and professional service enterprises. He has represented businesses at all stages of growth and development, from start-ups to Fortune 500® companies.
In addition to his federal and state court practice, Mr. Kollmorgen has represented clients in matters involving the United States Department of Labor; the Oklahoma Department of Labor; the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; the Oklahoma Human Rights Commission; the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission; the Oklahoma Workers Compensation Court; the National Labor Relations Board; the Occupational Safety and Health Administration; the Nuclear Regulatory Commission; the United States Department of Education; the Texas Railroad Commission; the Oklahoma Corporation Commission; the Internal Revenue Service; the Oklahoma Tax Commission; the United States Department of Commerce, the United States Patent and Trademark Office; the United States Department of Immigration and Naturalization; and other federal, state and local governmental agencies and tribunals.
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Finance Degree with Highest Honors from the University of Oklahoma in 1986.
- Juris Doctorate Degree – with Highest Honors from the University Of Oklahoma College Of Law in 1989.
Honors & Awards Accomplishments
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Tenth and Third Circuits
- Oklahoma Supreme Court and all state and appellate courts
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma
- Member of the American, Oklahoma and Tulsa County Bar Associations, as well as the American Inns of Court
- Author of Limitations on the Applicability of the WARN Act: A Defendant’s Strategy, published in the Employee Relations Law Journal, Volume 16, Number 4, Spring 1991.
- Frequent publisher and presenter at numerous Employment Law Seminars for the National Business Institute, Lorhman Education Services, and Sterling Education Services
- Matindale-Hubbell’s attorney rating of AV® Preeminent™
- Recognition’s as a preeminent lawyer include The Wall Street Journal; Forbes; The Oklahoman; Tulsa World; Tulsa People; The American Lawyer; Corporate Counsel; Law Journal Press; The National Law Journal; The Best Lawyers in America®; Lawyers.com; Law.com and LexisNexis.